Test Bank (Complete Download) For Radiographic Pathology for Technologists 6th Edition by Kowalczyk ISBN: 9780323322713 Instantly Downloadable Test Bank
Chapter 2: Skeletal System
1. Which primary bone tumor should be investigated with the utilization of CT?
b. Osteoid osteoma
d. Ewing sarcoma
ANS: B REF: p. 48
2. A patient presents to his physician with anterior shoulder pain for several months. He has had
no recent injury and there is no relief with NSAIDs, ice, heat, and gentle range-of-motion
exercises. Radiographs of the shoulder demonstrate small microcalcifications of the
subacromial space. What is the differential diagnosis?
a. Rotator cuff tear
b. Labral tear
c. Calcific tendinitis
d. Anterior shoulder dislocation
ANS: C REF: p. 39
3. Which of the following characteristics does NOT assist in the differentiation between a
primary metastatic bone lesion as compared to a secondary metastatic bone lesion?
a. Soft tissue mass
b. Periosteal reaction
c. Length of lesion
d. Calcification of blood vessels
ANS: D REF: p. 54
4. What skeletal pathology presents radiographically with a “soap bubble” appearance?
a. Giant cell tumor
b. Ewing sarcoma
c. Osteoid osteoma
ANS: A REF: p. 50
5. Osteopetrosis requires what type of technical factor change?
c. No change
ANS: A REF: p. 27
6. Tenosynovitis requires what type of technical factor change?